Painting Update (part 2) 25/11/2016

57

So with the boys finished(ish) and a little time to spare, I thought I would have a go at making a decent display board/tray to carry them around the event with.  I had originally got hold of a plastic ikea tray for the purpose of carrying them around, but it looked a bit naff and they slid everywhere.  I then go hold of an old cork notice board with the intention of removing the cork and adding it to the plastic tray to add a bit of grip.

With the luxury of time on my hands though, I decided to try and take it up a notch and do a simple texture layout for the army to sit on.  Nothing complex or too ambitious, just something to make it look like I made an effort  The bear minimum of course, but an effort none the less!

Continue reading

Painting Update 11/10/2016

20

Progress on the Dark Angels is a bit slow at the moment, mainly due to all my spare time being dominated by baby related activities.  As a result, I have tried to focus on tasks that do not require much in the way of ‘batch painting’, as I am unlikely to get a solid block of time to crack these out at the moment.

So, on the larger scale I have finished all my modeling and have almost primed everything.  This is actually better than it sounds, as a lot of the vehicles needed little repairs, conversions or adaptions to bring them in line with what I wanted in the battle company. I will also be getting in a few practice games soon, and it will be much better if everything is at least painted black rather than grey, or covered in what I like to call ‘EBay Gakk’.  Photo of the primed horde to follow soon!

Continue reading

Painting Update 28/09/2016

da_logo

After an initial burst of activity, progress on the new Dark Angels has rather predictably slowed to a crawl.  However I am not that bummed out by this as the delay has been the result of quite momentous and joyous events in my life away from minis, about which I am pretty chuffed 🙂

Anyway, back to the world of miniatures.  As I stated previously, my intention was to start working through the To Do List systematically and get it all painted to a basic level so I can start getting some game time in and practice how the battle company plays, before moving on to more detail painting level at a later stage.  The logical place to start was the Tactical Squads, and I am glad to report that the long slog is over. The backbone of the Battle Company is finally done (to a basic level!).

Continue reading