After being much maligned in favour of other hobby projects as well as real life stuff, the jump pack assault squad is finally finished. This is a bit of a quadruple whammy target for me, as not only would it meet two big build goals on the 2017/18 hobby season, but I have also painted them (another goal) and it would also be the last piece in the puzzle of the full Battle Company!
While the Terrain and Lost Patrol stuff go off in their own directions, I have not been idle on the paining and modeling front. Having set my (rather ludicrous) targets for the 2017/18 Hobby Season I have decided to initially focus on getting the Dark Angels/Night Sentinels Battle Company up and running. While the bulk of this company was already completed for the Tournament last year there were a few glaring omissions from the fully fitted out 100 man strong company. The main one of these was the Assault Squads, and so I have set about amending this oversight.
I am not a big converter of models thus far in my gaming career, but I am always full of ideas on how to make stuff look cooler or create better versions of the sometimes questionable models that are ‘officially’ put on the market. The major obstacle in my way until now has been the lack of skills to make these ideas a reality.
However, since this blog is largely about the trial and error of painting miniatures to a basic gaming standard, I have decided to jump in the deep in with both feet and just have a go! If they turns out rubbish, it shouldn’t really matter – i am still only aiming for a ‘gaming standard’ with these conversion, and at least I will be better inform my next effort! So, with my excuses firmly aid out I have decided to start small with a Tau Ethereal Conversion.