Just a quick painting update in-between some writing and another exciting project that is taking up most of my time currently – behold, six more fire warriors!
I know, hardly the most exciting development, but I have found myself using more and more of these little guys in games as they are very effective for their cost. I am also becoming increasingly embarrassed by fielding just undercoated masses of these chaps, so I have started the arduous task of trying to boost their painted numbers from the original six to around twenty or so.
- Black gak to start, then layers in Russ Grey / FlashGitz Yellow (with white undercoat) / Abbadon Black
- The given a Nuln Oil wash and highlighted with Ulthuan Grey.
- Finished with a matt glaze from Vallejo
Once again, these chaps are ebay rescues that were picked up for pennies each and covered in various depths of gak and with heads at alarming angles (which unfortunately could not be rectified due to aforementioned gak). The paint job was very quick but I think effective, and as long as no one picks them up for individual critique they should blend in nicely with the others. Bases done with bits of left over sprue for an urban rubble look, which I will try to keep all through the Tau forces as it develops (to tie in with their urban camo style colours).